Owner Help Center


  • 1 - Is the posting of an ad free ?

    Yes, the ’add an announcement is completely free and without commitment. At any time, you can edit or remove your ad via the tab 'My Boat'

  • 2 - What are the conditions to add a boat on the site ?

    You must be the owner of a registered vessel that meets the following conditions:
    • Be insured for the year of the rental
    • Be in perfect working condition and regularly serviced
    • Be equipped with the armament of security in line with its category of navigation

  • 3 - What types of boats are accepted ?

    Boats that are accepted are motor boats and sailboats in a perfect state of navigation. The following boats are not accepted:
    • Jet-skis
    • Windsurfing canoeing/kayaking

  • 4 - What is the difference between skipper and captain ?

    A skipper has a state diploma (Master 200 or Yacht Master for example). They can be paid for their activity.

    A captain cannot be paid for their activity. In general, it is the boat owner who stays on board as a passenger (without touching the controls of the ship for the maneuvers). The tenant must always be the captain of the boat they rent.

  • 5 - What is the mandatory safety equipment?

    You must have a safety equipment appropriate to the navigation category of your boat, especially in the number of lifejackets equal to the capacity of the boat. Click here to discover the list of safety equipment mandatory.

  • 6 - Who sets the rental price ?

    It is up to you to set the rental price of your boat at the day and the week depending on the season. To help you determine an appropriate fee, simulator is available in clicking here (we recommend a price 30% below the market price). The rate that you fill in on your deposit ad will be the price displayed on your ad. You will receive 85% of the rental price). The fuel is not included, it is the responsibility of the tenant.

  • 7 - Why am I not able to successfully drop my ad ?

    You have the impression of being blocked, your photos cannot be downloaded, you can't save? Call the sales department of SamBoat at They will be delighted to help you.


  • 1 - Do I have to be already insured ?

    Yes, it is mandatory to be insured for your rental business. If you're not already covered for this activity, you can subscribe to theoptional insurance MAIF proposed by SamBoat. This insurance, to the card, you can cover your boat in peril, during the term of the lease and costs 20 €/rental day, deducted from your rental income.

  • 2 - What are the conditions to benefit from insurance to day SamBoat-MAIF ?

    You must be the owner of a boat and meet the following conditions :
    • Have a boat in perfect state of navigation and with armament of security required
    • to Be insured to the year (regardless of your level of coverage)
    • have not declared or been in a crash or termination of a contract of insurance boating during the past 24 months.
    See the terms and conditions and the specific contract.

    in Order to subscribe to insurance MAIF, you just have to click on "I agree to the insurance MAIF" tab in the "insurance" of the management of ad. Then fill out the registration and the declared value of the boat, once you have registered, you will be insured.

  • 3 - How is cover my boat ?

    If you choose the insurance option to the day SamBoat-MAIF, here is the cover :

    Damages, theft or loss to the extent of the economic value of the boat the day of the disaster within the limit of the insured value is :
    • Costs of retirement after going aground or sinking
    • Fresh water outlet and surrender to the flow
    • Costs of assistance and rescue
    • towing service and towing to the job site to the nearest
    • Your equipment is also covered by :
    - Engines / Sails / deck Fittings / Equipment / navigation Appendices

    What is not covered :
    • failures and incidents of a mechanical nature
    • damages and losses resulting from the only wear and tear, construction defects, lack of maintenance
    • The damage sustained by the outboard engine, following her fall in the water
    • The non-return fraudulent of the boat, the misuse by the tenant, or any of its content following a rental
    • damage resulting from The stranding due to tidal movements

    Booking and payment

  • 1 - Who can rent my boat ?

    It is you who choose the future tenant, according to his evaluations and his nautical RESUME. In addition, when the day comes, if you feel that the tenant does not have the skills that match his nautical RESUME, you are entitled to cancel the rental.

  • 2 - When am I paid ? and How ?

    The payment is sent 24 HOURS after the beginning of the lease, leaving the tenant the opportunity to make a claim on the site, if your boat does not fit your initial description. You will receive in the form of a bank transfer the amount of the rental. To receive this transfer, it is imperative to inform your bank identity statement (RIB) in the "My account" and then " Bank Coordinates ", as well as to provide a scan of your identity card or passport in the tab " certifications of identity "

  • 3 - Does the tenant pay me directly ?

    No, all payments must be made on our website to avail of the services of the website and avoid any fraud or cheques not credit-worthy. In addition, if it is found that you've gone live, you will be removed from the platform and a demand for compensation will be sent to you.

  • 4 - Do I have to declare my income ?

    SamBoat does not transmit information to the tax authorities, you are required to report your income by yourself.

    According to the law passed at the beginning of the year 2017, if your income does not exceed 7846€ annual, you do not need to pay social security contributions. If your annual income exceeds 7864€, then you will need to pay social security contributions. You can choose to opt for the regime micro entrepreneur or common law.

    You can declare your revenues in two broad categories :
    - BIC (Industrial and Commercial Profits) to a business as usual and for its own account that lets you take a deduction of expenses and tax scale.
    - BNC (Non-Commercial Profits) for any other activity that does not fall within the category of the BIC and possibly occasional basis.

    You will find all the necessary information via this link : https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/node/10841

  • 5 - Can I cancel the reservation ?

    It is not possible to cancel the rental. SamBoat.com is above all a community of trust, we ask members to respect their commitments. In case of cancellation without valid reasons, a penalty of € 200 is applied to the next income.

  • 6 - Can the tenant cancel the reservation ?

    If the tenant cancels for no reason, the following penalties will be applied :
    If cancelled more than 2 weeks before the rental, you will get 50% of the rental
    If cancellation less than 2 weeks before the rental, you will receive 100% of the amount of the rental
    Only a weather report on the port of departure allows the tenant to cancel the reservation without charge.

  • 7 - How much will I get per rental ?

    You will receive 85% of the price that you have defined in your ad. SamBoat is paid by taking a commission of 15 % per rental. If you have subscribed to the insurance SamBoat-MAIF, 20€ per day of rental will be deducted from the amount received.

  • 8 - Is there a fixed deposit ?

    SamBoat provides a tool to manage the deposit. In the event of a problem, it will be directly debited from the account of the tenant to cover your damages (within the limits of solvency of the tenant). The deposit is determined by your health care with a minimum of 500 €. This deposit allows you to pay the deductible and any light damage on the boat as well as accessories.

    SamBoat can not ensure the solvency of the tenant, we recommend that you also ask for a deposit cheque.


  • 1 - Do I have to be present during the delivery of the keys ?

    It is preferable that you are present, to explain to the tenant the operation, the settings and the characteristics of the vessel. In addition, you can also make it part of your knowledge of the area and the cool spots of the navigation area.
    If you are not nearby, you can use our concierge service to hire your boat without moving, for this, click here. Note :, which We highly recommend (if you have the opportunity to meet with the tenant earlier than the scheduled time and help take control of the boat.

  • 2 - Is there a rental contract ?

    Yes, a rental contract is to be completed and signed mandatory by you and the tenant. You will receive a template pre-filled, by email, from the confirmation of payment from the tenant.

  • 3 - Do I need to put the full tank of fuel ?

    To facilitate the rental, it is best to fill the tank prior to any rental, but you are not obliged to do so. By contrast, the tenant is obliged to return the yacht with the same level of fuel as at the start of the rental.

  • 4 - Can I stay onboard during the rental ?

    You have the opportunity to stay on board the boat, but as a passenger with a browser and not master on board. If you want to keep the control on board, you will need to justify the qualification of professional skipper and a boat armed NUC (booklet francization orange).

  • 5 - In what state should be my boat ?

    You have a commitment to our platform, the insurer and the tenant. Your boat must be fully equipped and compliant with the legislation in force, it must therefore be armed according to its class of navigation and regularly serviced. Your liability may be incurred in case of damage.

    Concierge Service

  • 1 - What is the concierge service offered by SamBoat ?

    In order to facilitate the management of your boat, SamBoat works with maritime professionals in most of the ports of France. These Boat Captains can manage the rentals in your place : preparation of the boat, condition of the premises, contracts, taken in hand... They can also take care of the maintenance and security of your boat.

  • 2 - How to contact a Boat Captain?

    In order to be contacted by the Boat Captain of your area, register on SamBoat and fill this form they will promptly contact you to arrange a suitable APPOINTMENT.

  • 3 - What is the price of the services?

    Several offers are available to you, you can choose the full management or one time.

    The price is from€ 49 per grip.

  • 4 - What does the certification of an advertisement consist of?

    When a Boat Captain certifies your advertisement, it reassures the future tenants. It checks the compliance of the ad, safety equipment, maintenance of the boat and the engine, as well as all the necessary elements of a good navigation). They will also take new photos of your boat in order to highlight your listing.

  • 5 - How do I certify my ad and how much does it cost ?

    This service is completely free !
    You need to take RDV with your Boat Captain by completing this form.

    In the event of a problem

  • 1 - What happens if the boat is damaged during the rental ?

    You must make a declaration to the insurer which covers your rental business. If you have subscribed to the insurance contract at the day SamBoat-MAIF, you're fully covered.

    The security deposit of the tenant will cover your insurance deductible and your repairs in case of damages occurring to your boat.
    You need to prevent SamBoat at the earliest to charge the deposit and to be helped in your efforts.

  • 2 - And in case of failure ?

    Contact your insurer to take the necessary measures.

    If you have subscribed to the insurance MAIF, the cost of towing and repatriation are covered by the insurance. After the expert's report, if the repairs are related to a failure of wear and tear, the repair costs will be your responsibility.

  • 3 - How to declare a disaster ?

    To report a claim, you need to send an email to sinistre@samboat.fr a maximum of 48 hours after the event or contact the customer service department.

    In this email, should be :
    • The statement of claim, including the circumstances and causes known or supposed claim, be dated and signed by the tenant
    • The names and addresses of the injured persons and, if possible, witnesses when it comes to an accident or injury caused to a third party
    • The copy of the rental contract signed by the 2 parties
    • The pictures of the damage
    • Copy of the papers of the boat
    • repair Estimate as quickly as possible